Taking the little ones to Disney soon? This packing checklist should help make the prep-work a little less stressful! It is no secret that traveling with small kids can be overwhelming but the Walt Disney World Resort is probably the best place to travel with kids! We are Florida residents and take out toddlers frequently so we have a packing system down to an art!
- 2-3 outfits per day: Between water attractions, sweating, accidents, and messy ice-cream, having back ups is always a good idea!
- Comfortable walking shoes and plenty pairs of socks
- Bathing suits: There are so many attractions at the resort it may seem like there will never be time to hang out by the pool, but it is so important to take that downtime. Your trip will be better because of it, so don’t leave the swimsuits at home!
- Hat/Sunglasses: Because … Florida. Sun protection is important!
- Matching/Coordinating outfits or costumes for kids: This is so fun for family photos. Etsy is a really fun place to find personalized great for your trip! These are some of ours for this trip! Sandwiches couple shirts inspired by the movie Frozen are from Simply Irresistable Embroidery. The Anna and Elsa shirts are from Little Jane Lane Designs. The Rapunzel inspired dress is from AM Designs Boutique. The frying pan tank inspired by the movie Tangled is from Shirt Locker Co.
- Hanging closet organizer: This is obviously not a necessity, but they are so helpful when traveling with multiple kids! They fold flat in your suitcase and when hanging provide several compartments so you can even organize outfits ahead of time for each day which makes mornings WAY less crazy! Just a thought!
For the Parks (Diaper Bag)
- Backpack: The easiest way to carry needed items around the parks since it’s hand-free!
- Spare outfit or two
- Sunscreen and Bug Repellent: The Florida sun can be harsh so definitely keep sunscreen with you and continuously reapply. The mosquitoes aren’t noticeable in the theme parks but other areas on property they can be more prevalent, especially near the water.
- Plastic baggies: This is one item aside from diapers we never leave home without! SO MANY PURPOSES! I use them to bring snacks for the girls. I also bring a couple freezer sized for clothes that get wet. I use them to dispose of diapers – they are an absolute staple in my diaper bag and always get used at Disney!
- Take and Toss Cups: These are cheap, stackable, and come in a pack of 4 so if one goes missing it’s no big deal!
- Wipes: Because toddlers.
- Autograph Book and Pens: You can find these at the park or bring one from home. This year I am making a little mini scrapbook for my daughter to use on her 3rd birthday as an autograph book. This is an often overlooked special souvenir.
- Baby Carrier: If your child is still small enough to be carried in one, bring it even if you think there’s a chance you might not use it. It is wonderful to have the option on long days!
- Cooling spray fans or Clip-on Fans: Florida is HOT. You can buy these fans at the park or before you go, but they are wonderful to have on hand and can make a big difference in your day!
Forget anything? Be sure to visit Baby Care in each of the 4 theme parks. They carry items from diapers and wipes to formula and bottles. At one time or another I have had to get every essential you could possibly think of there. Like I said, Walt Disney World is probably the best, most convenient place to travel to with kids!
What are the necessities for your Disney vacation?